RFP released for A$700 million Perth stadium

Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest news and business opportunities in your inbox
RFP released for A$700 million Perth stadium

This article is part of a daily series of MegaProjects articles. If you want to know more about PPP projects with a considerable size visit our MegaProjects section. You can receive them by email on a daily basis.

Western Australia's Premier Colin Barnett and Sport and Recreation Minister Terry Waldron released last week the Request for Proposals (RFP) document for the tender process to design, build, finance and maintenance (DBFM) of the new Perth Stadium.

Perth_Stadium-200 Perth Stadium

"The RFP provides a range of minimum standards the design must meet and outlines the technical, operational and commercial requirements to design, build, partially finance and maintain the stadium and its surrounding sports precinct," Mr Barnett said.

Three consortia have been shortlisted for the project. The three consortia are the following:

Together the three consortia have been responsible for projects including the London Olympic Stadium, Adelaide Oval and Singapore Sports Hub.

The deadline to submit a fully costed response to the RFP is mid-December, 2013. The successful consortium will be selected by June, 2014 and construction of the stadium is scheduled to begin in December, 2014.

A 18-month preliminary site works program, which began in June, will mitigate any ground conditions and environmental risks and pave the way for stadium construction to start in late 2014. Mr Waldron said he was very pleased to see that pre-construction works were progressing well at the Burswood Peninsula site.

The estimated investment for the project is AUS$700 million.

An overview of the RFP can be seen here.

Source: Government of Western Australia

List of country news

Country news

  • August 27, 2013

    AMP Capital raises over US$300 million for second infrastructure debt fund

    AMP Capital has attracted more than US$300 million from 17 institutional investors from Japan, United Kingdom, Korea, Switzerland and Australia, to complete the first close of the AMP Capital Infrastructure Debt Fund II (IDF II). Read more
  • August 28, 2013

    Feasibility study for Western Sydney light rail completed

    Parramatta City Council, a local government in the western region of Sydney, has now completed the two part $1 million feasibility study for the proposed Western Sydney Light Rail Network. Read more
  • September 09, 2013

    MTAA Super sells Mildura hospital PPP project to Victoria state

    Access Capital Advisers and MTAA super have announced that the Motor Trades Association of Australia Superannuation Fund (MTAA Super) has successfully sold its interest in Mildura Base Hospital to the State of Victoria. Access Capital Advisers advised MTAA Super on their original acquisition of the Hospital in 2001 and has managed the asset since that time. Read more
  • September 10, 2013

    Jacobs acquires Australian engineering firm in a US$1.1 billion deal

    Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. has announced that it entered into a merger implementation agreement with Sinclair Knight Merz (SKM), a 6,500-person professional services firm headquartered in Australia, for approximately AUS$1.3 billion in cash (approximately US$1.2 billion as of the date of this release). The purchase price reflects an enterprise value of AUS$1.2 billion (US$1.1 billion) plus adjustments for cash, debt and other items. Read more
  • September 10, 2013

    Update 1: Four consortia submit EOIs for East-West highway PPP project in Melbourne

    Victoria Government has received expressions of interest from four groups to build the first stage of the East West Link. Read more

Share this news

Join us

In order to get full access to News section, you must have a full subscription. You can check all the benefits of becoming a member and purchase a subscription on our membership page.