Aecom names Michael S. Burke as CEO successor

Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest news and business opportunities in your inbox
Aecom names Michael S. Burke as CEO successor

AECOM announced on Wednesday that its board of directors has elected AECOM President Michael S. Burke, 50, to succeed John M. Dionisio, 65, as chief executive officer (CEO), as part of a planned succession process. Dionisio will become executive chairman of the board of directors when Burke succeeds him as CEO, and joins AECOM's board of directors, on March 6, 2014.

John M. Dionisio said:

"On behalf of AECOM's board of directors, I am pleased to announce Mike's appointment as CEO. As president, and in his previous role as CFO, Mike has worked closely with me to shape and drive AECOM's growth strategy, diversify our service offerings, expand our global footprint and deliver superior business results."This seamless transition is part of our planned succession process, which enables AECOM to continue to execute our enterprise strategy, while maintaining our commitment to delivering innovative solutions to our clients around the world."

Burke joined AECOM in 2005 and was named chief financial officer in 2006. He was appointed president of AECOM in October 2011 and has played a key role in the company's ability to double its workforce, triple its revenue and expand its technical capabilities and geographic reach during his tenure.

Burke said:

"I am extremely honored to lead AECOM and am grateful to John and the board of directors for the privilege to lead the 45,000 AECOM architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management professionals who serve our clients around the world. I look forward to working with our talented management team to leverage AECOM's strengths and leadership in technical excellence, innovation and project delivery to provide world-class service to our clients, professional development opportunities to our staff and incremental value to our stockholders."

Dionisio has been with AECOM since 1971. In 2005, he was named president and CEO, and in 2011 he was named chairman of the board. In order to assist Burke and the company's board of directors through the transition, Dionisio has agreed to serve as executive chairman until March of 2015.

List of country news

Country news

  • December 16, 2013

    UBS International Infrastructure Fund acquires 50 % stake in Texas wind farm

    EDF Renewable Energy and UBS International Infrastructure Fund announced last wee that they have signed a definitive agreement under which UBS International Infrastructure Fund will acquire a 50 % equity interest from EDF Renewable Energy in the 161 megawatt (MW) Spinning Spur II wind farm project in Texas, subject to completion of construction and customary conditions precedent. Read more
  • December 16, 2013

    Pennsylvania launches tender process for bridges replacement P3 project

    The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation has launched a Request for Qualification (RFQ) to design, build, finance and maintain a portfolio of replacement bridges across the the state. Read more
  • December 17, 2013

    Six teams respond to the RFQ for Maryland light rail P3 project

    Maryland Department of Transportation / Maryland Transit Administration (MDOT / MTA) last week announced six private-sector teams responded to a Request for Qualifications to design, build, construct, finance, operate and maintain the Purple Line in Montgomery and Prince George's counties under Maryland's newly adopted Public-Private Partnership (P3) law. Read more
  • December 18, 2013

    IFM Investors to invest $1.3 billion in Freeport LNG terminal

    Freeport LNG Expansion, L.P. and IFM Investors announced on Monday that IFM Investors has entered into an agreement to invest approximately $1.3 billion of equity funding for Freeport LNG's proposed natural gas liquefaction and LNG loading facility on Quintana Island near Freeport, Texas. The facility involves the development of three liquefaction plants, also known as "trains". Read more
  • December 23, 2013

    Indianapolis launches RFQ for courthouse P3 project

    The city of Indianapolis has launched a Request for Qualifications for a public-private partnership project that will involve the construction of the new Marion County criminal justice complex. Read more

Share this news

Join us

In order to get full access to News section, you must have a full subscription. You can check all the benefits of becoming a member and purchase a subscription on our membership page.