This article is part of a daily series of MegaProjects articles. If you want to know more about PPP projects with a considerable size visit our MegaProjects section. You can receive them by email on a daily basis.
California Department of Transportation and the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority have announced that four teams have been shortlisted to participate in the Request for Proposals (RFP) process for the design, build, finance, operate and maintain the Accelerated Regional Transportation Improvements Project (ARTI Project) through a public-private partnership (P3) agreement.
- Accelerate LA: HOCHTIEF, Skanska, InfraRed Capital Partners, Flatiron, Parsons Transportation Group, Cofiroute
- Accelerate Los Angeles: Macquarie Capital Group Limited, Michael Baker Jr., Inc., Granite Construction Company, Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc.
- LA Accelerated Mobility Partners: Meridiam Infrastructure, Edgemoor Infrastructure & Real Estate, Walsh Investors L.L.C., Walsh Construction Company, Clark Construction Group, AECOM, Atkinson Contractors, Transfield Services Infrastructure
- LA Mobility Partners: Fluor Enterprises, Balfour Beatty, Parsons Brinckerhoff, C.C. Myers, Inc., DBi Services
The deadline for submissions of the SOQs was 07/19/2013 and the forecasted award date is 10/31/2014.
The concession term will be 35 years after scheduled completion, or any earlier substantial completion, of all project elements.
The Project consists of the following six elements, all of which are located in Los AngelesCounty.
- Element 1: I-5 North Capacity Enhancement
- Element 2: I-5 North Pavement Rehabilitation
- Element 3: SR 71 Gap (I-10 to Mission Boulevard)
- Element 4: SR 71 Gap (Mission Boulevard to Rio Rancho Road)
- Element 5: Soundwall Packages 10 and 10A
- Element 6: Soundwall Package 11
The estimated investment to design and build the Project is approximately $730.4 million, expressed in year of expenditure (YOE) U.S. dollars.
Source: LA Metro